Thursday 20 March 2014

About Me

About me, simple enough question you'd think but I haven't found the right words to put in the introduction box yet.

So who am I?

Good question and one I've been asking myself a lot recently. Factually I am a 36 year old, who lives in the UK, has a twin sister, a fiancĂ© and some really good friends. I like crafts, reading and photography. 

But all that other stuff you know that makes you, well you. That I can get a bit fuzzy on. You see like quite a few people in the world I have a mental health problem. Depression in my case and that gives me a distorted vision of me.  If you ask me, well you get the 'oh little old me I'm nothing interesting or important.'

So I have to try and see myself through others eyes. My fiancé thinks I am a good cook, loving and caring and beautiful. My sister will say supportive, helpful and loving. Others say reliable, trustworthy, nice, quiet, interesting, intelligent. Some of those I can see but others not so much and on some days not at all.

So who am I? I am not sure but I'm trying to find out and I need to learn to accept when people say positive things about me that it is true, but I am really working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment