Tuesday 22 April 2014

Thoughts about Food

I love food, cooking and baking. I am also realising that my relationship to food is sometimes not healthy. Having been noting my food down on an app to help me lose a bit of weight I've been realising that sometimes I eat because I'm bored and sometimes because of emotional issues.

I realised the emotional side when this weekend I fell apart for the first time in a while and noticed that my first thoughts were to head for food, when I wasn't a crying non verbal mess. We actually ended up having a walk out instead and that did me more good as I used some mindfulness techniques and it helped calm me down and treated myself to a cheap almost chocolate dessert (which I ate mindfully :D ). At least I'm not eating from boredom so much as I am thinking about what I'm eating instead of just heading to the kitchen and seeing what's there.

I'll have to look into more recipes to do in the slow cooker, I've got the cider cooked gammon and a nice stew down I'm sure I can find other tasty tasty things to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment