Friday 4 April 2014

Lions and Teddys and Foxes Oh My!

His name is Harry, I've only had him a few months but I saw him in the shop when I was in a down and he had been reduced so I bought him to cheer myself up. He has become a bit of a barometer if I'm feeling blue I'll grab him and wander around the flat looking all of about five. 

I've always had a favourite teddy/cuddly toy to go to at various times. One Eyed Ted, Nippet, Leo, Jasper and a few others all with various reasons as why I would go to them. 

One is a fox called Foxy and he was made for me by my dad when I was about nine. These days he's looking a bit worn and has no nose but is still loved. At one point I began having nightmares pretty often and ended up falling asleep hugging my fox to guard me from having more, so then I started hugging him when I went to bed to stop me having nightmares and it worked. 

Leo I always hugged when I was ill he just seemed to comfort me more when I was sick, his nose is worn and his velveteen paws are quite smooth these days.

So if I am hugging a small bear named Harry, he's there to chase the black dog away? If only for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment