Friday 10 April 2015

And she is back

So I kind of had an enforced break from a lot of things as change of medicine, dealing with the fall out from my serious depressive period and concentrating on my CBT had me busy for a while. Then I was getting better and planning my trip to EasterCon when I began to get a pain in my side. I've had problems on that side for a while now and just put it down to annoying but will go away in a bit like normal only it didn't and I ended up in hospital with suspected appendicitis. I didn't have appendicitis but I do have a cyst on my ovary. Was told take the antibiotics for the infection you didn't know you had and hopefully the pain will go away. Well it didn't! I am not used to this taking painkillers every day and hoping that the pain will not stop me from doing something.

I made it to EasterCon and had a very good time, Seanan McGuire is lots of fun and a ball to listen to talk about all sorts of things including diseases, snakes and lizards, newt bothering and Maine Coon cats. I also took part in a knitting workshop (I crocheted :D ) and a brooch making class which I really enjoyed. I came back with about 20 or so books, a lovely Armour plate ring and a necklace watch with an octopus on it. But I had to take my painkillers on time or I was going to be hurting/not able to do things.

Now I feel a bit of a wimp for complaining about my pain for Legira (my sister) has a bad knee and goes through this everyday and has done for at least five years now. My problem will be relatively easy to sort (either remove the cyst or the entire ovary) but hers will not go away or be an easy fix the only way currently is a knee replacement and she is deemed too young and the problem not bad enough to do early. So I spent today in bed for most of it because the pain was bad and I really should have done things but I want to be in good shape for tomorrow as it is H's birthday and I want to be able to at least be up and about!

No comments:

Post a Comment